about recycling and music


My last visit just left a couple of hours ago. These three lovely girls did what visits do, a lot of tourism, complain about how expensive everything is and comparing everything with Spain.

For example, I tried to explain them how works recycling here (I wanted to say, "I tried to explain for the umpteenth time how works recycling" but if I do so people will think I am having too many visits and that I am tired of them, and...don't think that please..! you cheer up my weekends and if someday I find myself with no job, I will always have Paris to show people around ;)

So, back to the topic, recycling. Lately I am very commited to recycling. In my building you can recycle everything. After a couple of weeks I was stopped by the porter here as he tried to explain me how things work (hey, I know, I thought) After a while I discovered that here paper and plastics go together, ohh, I see, I mumbled.. he kept telling me that the people in charge came, saw that there was a bag where things were not right, opened it and saw a letter to Mlle Vazquez, which happened to be me. He told me I could have a fine because of that...

So now, every time someone comes around I have to explain this story again and again to convince them about the importance of the number of bins I have in my 30m2 and not to mistake where to leave the bottle of Champagne ;)

Just for the record. I don't find French commited to the environment (or at least, not that much) For example, I suffered all January cause they sell the Christmas trees already cut, so you find hundreds and hundreds of them on the streets the first and second week after Christmas... (they deserve the fine, not me because I forgot the plastic of something in the wrong bag ;)

After this story, just wanted to thank you the three girls again for the company and for coming to the concert on Sunday with my friends here (yes, after the fever of buying flights, buying concert tickets is my second bad habit..)

To my surprise I found Chris Garneau in the concert as support band. I am in love with one of his songs, who many of you will know from Grey's Anatomy. Here is the video:



Then it was Caribou, which I found really interesting. And finally it came Jose Gonzalez (to be pronounced Gonsalez, he is Sweedish)

I first heard him in the tv. I remember even the day it was. I felt in love with both, the ad and the song. He put music to the advertisement of the Sony Bravia with the bouncing balls in San Francisco. The song: Heartbeats. It kind of dissapointed me to find out that it was not original from him, but I think that after having seen him on Sunday I will forgive him. It worths the listening.. take the risk!

No hay comentarios: