about addictions

I know that many people will smile while reading this post, and I know it very well cause many have laughed with me when talking about the topic. I most of the times use this to make fun of me, but I wanna beg you to read it seriously cause my addiction is a true one...

We get to an age where you start having your small (or big) habits, obsessions and addictions...

I remember my first day. I tried it in the campus cafeteria and after some time I loved it. That time has an specific souvenir: the library in the UAM and the flavour of my lemon coke. Life was easy then. Afterwards I graduate from my MBA, thanks to Lili and the lemon cokes in the vending machine of Icade.

Once, I even confirmed I was in love the day he came to pick me up at the airport with the biggest smile and a car full of cokes, ready to start our own roadtrip.

Life at CECO was a little bit harder, mainly cause there was only vulgar diet coke there, but I survived, thanks in part to Isa, such a brightful girl who really shares my tastes :)

And then I came here. One of the positive things I wrote down when I moved was that this is a great country, and lemon coke is everywhere. Thanks to that I have kept with the unwritten tradition of my Office that the macro intern has diet coke for breakfast (guess that you need more than that, but we still face it with dignity just with cokes)

And then.. it happened. First I thought it was going to be something accidental, but day after day, the shelf of the supermarket remained empty till the fateful day the name of my lemon coke disappeared. I found myself going from one supermarket to another looking for the precious product. It has even disappeared from the shop of my pakistani friend.

I still find it from time

or even sometimes a gentle friend get me one :)

but I know the end is close.

So here is my tribute to the habits and addictions. For those who have one and accept it and for those who hasn't found their addictions yet. Because I am addicted to so many things and because I love them all.


Discover Robert Palmer!