Parlez - vous Français mademoiselle?

So… here we are. I promise I like Paris, France and the French (starting to… lets say) BUT, from time to time, I have to say that they arrive to surprise me (thought that was not possible anymore, but it is) French politeness is widely recognized but I have just discovered that here I am rude..
  • Situation 1. A man is peeing in one of the public toilets in the street. The door is open, which wouldn’t have surprised me considering how dirty people is. But instead of being peeing to the WC he is pointing the wall... why????
  • Situation 2. Accidentally in the metro I move the leg of a man that is sitting down (he was as if he was sitting in his living room by the way). It is nothing, impossible that I hurt him. I whisper a pardon and sit in front of him. After having checked a few things in my bag I look at him and he is staring at me with the look angry and says out loud, PARDON EH??? In the metro again. 9am, not much space left. Some push and enter in a station. I have to move and accidentally again I step on a woman, beg for a pardon, out loud smiling embarrased. She looks at me and makes a little bit of theatre as if I deserved death penalty (I even wasn’t wearing high healed shoes) After being grumbling a while I decide to move a little bit (not much in fact). Two stops later somebody step on me with joy. I look behind and is SHE. No pardon, not even looking or worrying… AGHHH
  • Situation 3. France Telecom rip me off so I try to solve the situation with another company: Free. We are trying to end my relation with France Telecom and I have to pay and bla bla bla, the girl on the phone of Free tells me: but you could have think it before, couldn't you??? (heyyyyy that's far too much, only my mother has the right to tell me off and she doesn't do it!!)
  • Situation 4. Zara, my ZARA, the Zara of my country!! I am looking at a few things and finally decide not to take anything so I leave the things next to their place but not on the hanger. I am leaving and the girl there touches my shoulder and ask me to put it in the right place, no smile at all. I feel sooo bad!!
  • Situation 5. I make a phone call to arrange an appointment. The person I am talking to is not French, that for sure, so communication is difficult, but we manage to say a few sentences and understand the situation. At some point he finally says: Parlez – vous Français mademoiselle? (Do you speak French mademoiselle?)



5 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Jajaja,si es q son unos rancios, les hace falta un poco de alegria.Con una juerga a la española se les pasaba pronto!Animo con el mundo europeo!Por aqui,en la baja europa,en Zara nos siguen queriendo...

Anónimo dijo...

Joder los parisinos...es que son para darles de comer aparte....

Anónimo dijo...

Guapa!!! es que te tenemos muy mal acostrumbrada, somos tan majas, listas, guapas...(jeje) y eso no lo hay en todos los sitios. Besotes.

lily dijo...

I love you girl!!! thanks 4 everything!

Anónimo dijo...

je croyais t'avoir appris les rudiments de la french touch.. mais je vois que j'ai échoué.. bisou!