Versailles

The date is approaching. The bigger the quantity of work I get, the lazier I become. The closest the end is, larger the number of posts I think of, and fewer the words I can articulate.

Sometime in between this long summer I thought of writing about my favourite plans in Paris. I was discouraged by the idea of the Lonely Planet syndrome, thinking that somehow, my favourite and secret places would be spoiled. Unfortunately the are not that many things to do in Paris that the mass of tourists and expats haven't discovered yet.. but tonight I go for one thing that surprised and filled me for the next week.
Walking along the Hall of Mirrors of the Palace of Versailles in the sunset is closer to be one of the best plans I can think of. The usual visit is during day time, but you can book it for the evening (Le Parcours du Roi) from 18.30 to 21.30, on Saturdays during summer, experiencing what Marie Antoinette may have seen every evening.

Afterwards, you may even consider paying extra and get to reach the gardens. At nightfall the Grand Musical Fountain Display. As it is described, a sparkling and melodious promenade among the fountains and Bosquets of the Gardens, subtle light (torches), perfume setting (bubbles) and fireworks to conclude. A priceless evening...



No hay comentarios: