London in the rain

I did it. I finally crossed the sea by train and got to London for a weekend! I left the country of the Champagne to arrive to Pancras Station, where the longest Champagne Bar is. Anyway, it was not the time for Champagne anymore but for pints in Camdem ;) and that was Friday night: gossip and laughs with the interns of London and chinese food for one pound, delicious!
On Saturday, Ines and me decided to make some tourism, but it isn't easy with that rain... soooo we moved to the British Museum (hehe, just to see what will be missing and I won't be able to see in Athens in a couple of months), ate with Begoña in Shakespeare's Head: fish and chips and then some shopping. The chapter in Abercrombie and Fitch and the casual luxury deserves a post in itself, but I wait for Ines to do so. I will just say that the queue deserve the entrance and that I fall in love four or five times ;) I can't avoid it when a boy smile at me like that...

After a tour around, Covent Garden and its musiciens, Piccadilly Circus etc we met again to go to the Soho to have dinner and have some drinks. Not bad the interns that decided to live there.. (sí, somos unos pobres becarios sí...)

Sunday, not even trying to keep with tourism.. but a better plan for a Sunday morning: Brick Lane. The market (I will deny it anytime in the future, but I bought three dresses for 8 pounds..) the superb Indian lunch, Truman Market, with, as Alberto described, all the cosmoposh of London, and finally the 1001. This was THE PLACE. 24h open from Saturday to Sunday, various ambiances, cafeteria, chill out, and disco. The beers at 3pm on Sunday afternoon and the House Music, just unforgetable.

Then it was THE CONCERT (next post coming soon) and waking up early after a short nap to get to Paris on time to solve all the AP (absolute priority!)

Great weekend, who were there know what I am talking about.. Thanks to the A-Team (Andrés, Alberto, Andrew and the A-usent A-lvaro who let Ines and me slept in his bed) and to Begoña who showed around like an authentic londoner!


No hay comentarios: